Tuesday, November 13, 2007

My "Strong" daughter

I have really worried about Heather and how she was going to handle the separation with David who is in Iraq for the next 15 months. For being such a young wife and mother she is doing remarkably well. I don't know at 22 years old I could have handled this kind of separation. Our church had a power point presentation for Veteran's day which included pictures of her brother, Brian who is in Germany and her hubby, David who is in Kuwait, waiting to move on into Iraq in a week or so. I was worried on how she would handle it. I bawled and she was strong and kept a brave face.

I know the girls help her out a lot with keeping her busy (VERY busy!). When she is busy she has less time to think about it all. I do notice her staring off into the distance at times and I know her thoughts are of her husband and his welfare.

I just want to say how very proud of her I am. She is a great mom and wife and a wonderful daughter. AND I have a wonderful Son as well!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ok now you are making me cry!! Thanks for being such a great mommy to me. No matter how old you get, you still need your mommy! Love you.a