Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Walking for a Cure!

My Grandmother, Lorene Bays with Heather and Brian

Yesterday I received a mailing for the annual "Alzheimer's Memory Walk" that takes place here in Springfield on September 27th. I am in the process of recruiting a team. I have 6 volunteers at this time! Which is great, I only had to ask once and they came running... Great friends and family in my life.



I am also taking donations for this cause and you can go to my webpage to donate or contact me personally. Here is the website:



http://memorywalkspringfield.kintera.org/faf/donorReg/donorPledge.asp?ievent=257347&lis=0&kntae257347=E956A7DA2B5B4BA7A4ACA95888CAE363



My maternal grandmother battled alzheimer's the last part of her life and it is a struggle to watch them deteriorate so quickly and the first time they don't recognize you is heart breaking. I can only imagine how they feel seeing a sea of strangers and never anyone that they know.



Let's try and battle this disease!!! I need your support!

No comments: