Saturday, October 4, 2008

GRANDMA!!!

Today I am babysitting the girls as Heather went with her Grandma Butler to Branson with her church. She was excited to get out of the house by herself and be all adult! LOL The girls and I went outside and picked up walnuts.... or should I say I held their attention with it for about 3 minutes then they didn't want to help anymore! They found a dirt pile that was much more entertaining than Grandma and her nasty ole' walnuts. I think I picked up about 6 - 5 gallon buckets. Anyway, while I was plugging away Ivy came running up to me and said Grandma, Grandma, and then Grandma again! And I have yet to get her to say it since. She generally calls me Ma Ma.. which I love also.

Then we came in had a snack and then watched TV a bit while Grandma did laundry, then at 5 I fixed dinner, cleaned up, cleaned up the girls..... bubble bath! Got them dressed and hair all combed, cleaned up the living room floor as well as Ivy's room and now it is only 5:50 and I am done for the evening until I get them to bed....

I use to have tons of energy and patience with my own kids, I am getting back the energy but the patience level is waining... today has been an exceptionally good day though! Thank you GOD!

Well, time to go cuddle with them in the recliner and watch yet another episode of Baby Einstein... I can't wait to see that collection heading towards Texas! LOL

No comments: