Thursday, March 27, 2008

More progress made!

I attended my diet consult and my exercise consult yesterday for the Lap band surgery. The dietary consult was very informative. It basically went over what was expected of me 2 weeks before surgery and then after surgery. How food has to be prepared, what vitamins to take, etc.... but it was mainly common sense stuff. The exercise consult was good also, even though the exercise guru was about a size 2, cute and blond... I let all that slide (this time)! Anyway, they hooked me up to a mobile EKG machine (which flat lined right off the bat!) I looked at her and said, okay is it a battery issue or am I still here?!?!?!?! It was a battery issue thank goodness. I had to walk with Blondie around the track for 6 mins. while they monitored my heart rate, and heart pattern. I passed!

So now I have to attend a life style seminar the end of April and once that is completed they should go ahead and submit it to the insurance the first of May. So I am hoping it all goes well.

AND I have officially lost 30 lbs since the end of October of last year. For my insurance to approve I had to have a 6 month physician led diet that was monitored and have all the records from that. So the end of October my doctor put me on Phentermine and it really makes me less hungry and makes me want to move all the time. (Basically speed!) So anyway, I have one more goal to meet and then we should find out yes or no! Keep your prayers going for me and your fingers crossed!

1 comment:

The Cox Family said...

Sounds like it's all coming together for you -- I'm excited for you -- and 30lbs -- I'm jealous! :)