Wednesday, January 16, 2008

MO Highway Patrol

I went to Jefferson City to test for the communications division of the Missouri Highway Patrol. The position is with Troop D that is here in Springfield, MO. I did well on the testing process yesterday and now have to wait to hear if I am going to be called in for an actual interview.

I have always wanted to work with the 911 operators/Highway patrol. I have a good medical background and also first responder experience and the thought of helping someone when they are in need of help really appeals to me.

My retirement with the state and all my benefits will just carry over to their organization so that is a great plus, and the pay increase is really good. Makes it worth the move. Only part I don't care for is I will have to do 4 weeks of intense training in Jefferson City, BUT I get to stay at the Police Academy with all the recruits... LOL ;-))))

So wish me luck!

1 comment:

Ren said...

have you heard anything from this yet?